To support you in the organization of your Olympic Day and related events, the Canadian Olympic Committee is providing this Olympic Tool Kit to enhance Olympic Day in Canada and to promote the Olympic Values and healthy active lifestyles across Canada. Designed to guide you in every step of your event, it contains useful information and advice for the preparation and staging of your event. It includes the following:
- Introductory remarks by the International Olympic Committee and the Canadian Olympic Committee,
- A brief background of Olympic Day, which will assist you particularly in the promotion of your event,
- Ideas and material to enrich your educational and cultural workshops,
- Tips for the promotion and communication of your event,
- Suggested modified activities promoting the Olympic sport programme; and
- Some promotional videos including the IOC President’s message video.
The Canadian Olympic Committee would like to invite all communities across Canada to promote Olympic Day and the Olympic Values while promoting healthy active lifestyles.
Through celebrating Olympic Day in Canada, children, youth and their families will not only learn about the Olympic Values, but will also be challenged to adopt and practice these values every day in all aspects of life.